Thursday 25 April 2013

The Midas Touch

I pondered for almost a full ten minutes on how to make the introduction of this blogpost seem less girly, airheaded and just plain materialistic, and I decided that there is no feasible way to do so. I love sparkly things. Sequins, glitter, metallics, holographic prints - there is just an indescribable magnetism between myself and glittery things. When matched with a dark colour, it makes for the perfect touch of sass to an outfit that makes you stand out from the crowd.

This skirt just oozes with sparkly unicorn happiness. If you're standing next to a wall/door/ flat surface when the light hits it, it dusts the surface with this gold sparkle, and if you stare at it long enough it's almost as if it's turning to gold itself. Hence the name for this blogpost.

It's be perfect for a girls night out, a party or even a dinner, if you pair it with the right accessories. I kept it low with colours, sticking with only black and gold. The tiny gold studs on the chiffon blouse go wonderfully with the colour scheme while keeping detail to a minimum. I then put on a delicate gold bangle, my A|X watch and my trusty creeper wedges to add a more casual touch to the ensemble.

P.S: You just gotta love those creeper wedges. My friend has taken to not walking alongside me when I'm wearing these shoes because I'm too tall. Score: Rachel - 1, friend - 0. *grins*






black chiffon blouse from ZARA | Gold spike necklace from Diva | cross pearl torque bangle from ASOS
watch from Emporio Armani gentlemen's line | gold skater skirt in sequin from ASOS | Wulfrun Wedge Black Underground

Photos by the awesome Sharon Lee, visit her Flickr and shower her with love!

 UNICORN LOVE AND SPARKLES,  
- R 


No comments:

Post a Comment