Monday 27 May 2013

Burnt Autumn

Autumn is my second favourite season, next to winter, but only when there's snow. There's something extraordinarily beautiful about the autumn leaves, even more than the wild bloom of spring. Everything practically oozes red and gold vibrance, its like nature's way of going out with a bang -

"Remember me even when winter comes." 

The forecast predicted gloomy weather the whole week and I felt like it was more the time than ever to being out more colours as the dreary winter months draw closer.This lovely burnt-orange coloured top has been with me for ages, and I think given it's versatility and the wear I get out of it, it's high time it has a feature on my blog. And what better season to match this with than autumn?

I paired it with this black and navy ZARA coat that has beautiful pleather detailing and knitted sleeves. While all the colours are slightly on the dull side, it also makes it very easy to match with different pieces, especially in the colder seasons. I absolutely love how the coat brings together the different textures and structured silhouette  for a very unique piece indeed.

So who says the florals need to be kept in the closet for colder days? I busted out my floral shorts to create a transition for the block colours of the coat and the top, and added a vintage touch with my favourite set of collar pins.

OKAY I KNOW EVERYONE IS SICK OF MY CREEPER WEDGES. I CANT HELP IT THEY'RE SO COMFY. THIS IS THE LAST POST WITH THEM IN IT.

Or maybe second last... I PROMISE I'LL STOP WEARING THEM.







Orange collared butterfly blouse | Floral shorts similar here | Leather belt | Vintage collar pins
ZARA Trafaluc coat | Auriga watch by Roberge, Geneve |  Mouawad Heidi Klum clover bracelet
Steve Madden studded bluuna bag | Underground Wulfrun creeper wedges | 

Photos credits to the awesome Sharon Lee. Visit her Flickr and shower her with lots of love! 


UNICORN LOVE, 
- R 

No comments:

Post a Comment